Journalism Internship Programme, Scan Magazine
We are always on the lookout for bright journalism and communications interns to join our editorial team in London on a full-time basis.
About our internship programme
As an intern with Scan Magazine, you get the opportunity to gain valuable writing experience and learn more about what it is like to work as part of an editorial team in a busy central London office.
Your weekly tasks will consist of writing features for the magazine as well as working with the content management of our website and possibly some social media work.
During your internship you can expect to learn more about the various topics covered by the magazine and to improve your written English and storytelling skills. Naturally, you will also learn about the social aspects of working in an office as part of a team of editorial, design and sales staff.
Scan Group interns report to the Editor and also receive training and feedback from the Executive Editor.
Our internship programme would suit students and graduates keen to build a career in journalism, copywriting or any communications environment where writing plays an important role.
– Conducting interviews, mainly in your native language (e.g. Swedish, Danish, Norwegian)
– Writing features in English
– Researching companies and brands
– Managing web content and uploads
– Social media updates
– Various ad-hoc tasks as required
– Fluent English, including strong written English
– Spoken and written fluency in one or more Scandinavian languages
– A proactive approach and ability to take initiative
– A professional manner and strong communication skills
– The ability to deal with clients at different stages of their career, from CEOs of international corporations to start-up entrepreneurs and designers
– Plenty of common sense
Scan Group publishes three monthly titles (Scan Magazine, Discover Germany and Discover Benelux) which can be described as unique English-language showcases for their respective regions. The magazines appeal to all those who have a relationship with or a connection to these countries – be it through family, business, tourism, migration or investment.
In addition to our growing fanbase of ex-pats and valued business associates, our magazines are also for all the non-native speakers of the respective local languages, who simply love these regions and their outputs. Our magazines highlight the vibrant cultures and lifestyles which flourish abundantly all over the globe.
We prefer interns to stay for a period of four months or more, but we are flexible as long as interns can commit to a minimum of three months and more than happy to work with interns for longer periods as well.
This is an unpaid internship, but daily travel expenses within London are covered.
If you wish to apply, please e-mail a cover letter and CV to our Executive Editor on email@example.com, writing ‘Internship application – Scan Magazine’ in the subject line. Also feel free to contact us for more details about the role.
You can read our magazines on issuu.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Freelance Writers with Fluency in Scandinavian Languages
We are always keen to hear from strong writers with great written English and fluency in a Scandinavian language. We work with a large number of freelance writers at all times, and there is plenty of regular work for those who take to our style and way of working.
– Strong written English
– Written and spoken fluency in a Scandinavian language, e.g. Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish or Icelandic.
– Ability to work to deadlines and manage your own workload
– Strong communication skills and ability to deal with professionals across all levels, from CEOs of big businesses to entrepreneurs, artists and designers
– Good phone manners
– Some media and technology savvy, e.g. ability to understand image requirements etc
– Plenty of positivity, initiative and common sense.
We are currently recruiting for new regular writers with fluency in Icelandic, Norwegian and Danish in particular.
If you’d like to know more and/or be considered for one of the above positions, please email our Executive Editor on firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up-to-date CV and a cover letter telling us a little bit about you.