In the late 19th century, a Norwegian consul by the name of Anders Sveaas had a business idea. He wanted to use the forces of the river Randselva to produce pulp from timber. The consul’s dream became reality and his factory, constructed at Kistefos in Jevnaker municipality about an hour northwest of Oslo, kept producing pulp up until 1955.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Receive our monthly newsletter by email