“80 per cent of new buildings are mediocre. The remaining 20 per cent are either awesome or terrible, so people
notice them and discuss them, but they don’t notice all the mediocracy popping up around them. That’s the real threat to any modern city,” argues MAD’s passionate CEO, Nicolai Riise. Ever since Riise established MAD together with two other partners in 1997, the architecture firm has fought mediocracy by leaving an increasingly evident mark of quality on Norwegian architecture. In Oslo, Europe’s fastest growing capital in terms of population, MAD has been involved in developing most – if not all – of the most eye-catching areas.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Receive our monthly newsletter by email

    I accept the Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy