With a voice powerful enough to win a Swedish Grammy for Best Newcomer in 2014 off the back of two critically acclaimed EPs, it is no surprise that Seinabo Sey has been compared to the great Aretha Franklin. But the lecturing lyrics on her debut album Pretend paint a picture of a humble artist who takes nothing for granted. Scan Magazine spoke to Seinabo Sey about cultural identity, the creative process and...
Welcome to Scan Magazine
The Magazine promoting Brand Scandinavia
Scan Magazine is a unique English-language showcase for Scandinavian countries. It appeals to all those who have a relationship with or a connection to these countries – be it through family, business, tourism, migration or investment.
Scan magazine, Issue 82, November-December 2015 is out now!
Read the printed version of the magazine hereRead
– Ane Brun: The Norwegian songsmith goes global
– Måns Zelmerlöw: The Eurovision superstar with big dreams
– Sidse Babett Knudsen: The star of Borgen shines bright on Hollywood
– Åsne Seierstad - The fearless narrator
– Jesper Christensen - Danish master of stage and screen
– The Legacy of Marie Bach Hansen
– Lasse Hallström - An outsider looking in
– Petra, Petra, Petra!
If you have missed the printed version of Scan Magazine, you can read the magazine online by visiting our Magazine section.Read